Friday, July 12, 2013

Great Friday And Lots Of Fun!

Yippie it is Friday.   Today I've spent almost all day in my studio.  A quick run to the grocery store to purchase needed items for Taco Salads for the bee girls tonight.  Suzanne is bringing homemade brownies....yum...yum.  Just to level out the taco salads of course.

I've been continuing to put my studio back together.  Today I gathered all of my different types of fusible web and put them into one basket.  Now I can go to one spot and find the type of fusible I need.

 Mom loves doing the string piecing and has been using tons of phone book pages but Suzanne bought this deli paper at Costco (it came as 3 boxes to the set and 500 sheets per box) so she gave mom and I a box to use.  It is great for string piecing especially for larger blocks.  The box says it is 12 x 10 3/4, but I measured 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 when I pulled it out.  Mom uses her strings and covers the paper then we can cut it down to whatever size we want.  Works great.
 This is the paper as it comes out of the box.
Here is the back view of a block mom has pieced.
 And now the front.  Cute how she has pulled Halloween fabrics out of the scrap bags to piece these blocks.
 Today and at bee tonight we have been cutting fabric on the accuquilt and putting the scraps into the bin for mom.  We've only done a little cutting and look how many more scraps she is taking one tonight.

 We sewed the binding on mom's braid quilt tonight so she could whip it down at home and I used the left over black binding to bind some more scraps I had left from my yellow and brown braid quilt.  I made a table mat and two coasters.  Cute.
 While we rested today in between projects mom decided that she wanted to make Bonnie Hunter's Bricks in the Barnyard quilt.  So she is going through our precut 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 rectangle (bricks) and 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch blocks to pick out the pieces needed for the quilt.  She went home tonight with all of the pieces cut.  All I had to cut for her was the half-square triangles which only took me a few minutes to do.  She will probably have that pieced by next Friday knowing her...hehe.
 Suzanne has been cutting fabric for our Bonnie Hunter class coming up.  She decided to take a rest and look through some magazines for inspiration.
Sue is hand quilting on a quilt as you go project.
 I got a couple more quilt hung today.  My scuba diving quilt and my Uncle Sam quilt.
And look......we're watching Bonnie Hunter's quiltcam on the TV!!  Found out I can get youtube on the TV.  Amazing technology.......now to just figure out all the buttons on the remote!!
Hope you had a great day quilting.....more fun on my list for tomorrow.
 
Happy quilting,
Shelia

No comments: