Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Purchases From Suwannee Valley Quilt Shop

You know that I can not visit a quilt shop and not support the cause....I just had to get a couple of things.....well maybe just a few.

So here is my loot.  Some halloween fabric, a pin cushion, a zippered bag, a sewing kit and some "bee" fabric.
 I just loved this quilted zippered tote.  It had a beautiful quilt block pattern on the outside.
 and even a little pocket on the inside.  Cute as pie.
 As I look through quilt shops I am always on the look out for little projects they have for sale that I could make for our boutique at the quilt show.  This next one caught my eye.  It is a little sewing kit.  The little card that came with it read:
Sewing Caddy:
Project in one circle.  just add scissors and a project.  The circle has a thimble, a needle and several pins.
Happy project!
The two quilted circles are joined half way, then one part turned back and a yo yo attached. 
Inside the little pocket it made was a thimble.  See the pins pinned to the blue side.
A tiny little project but how useful in someone's "go bag". 

Don't forget that midnight tonight is the last chance to enter my Giveaway of batik strips.  Giveaway .  I'll post a winner tomorrow morning.  Good luck to everyone.

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

2 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

great purchases, I have some of that bee fabric.

Anonymous said...

Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my web site so i came to return the choose?
.I am trying to find issues to enhance my site!
I suppose its ok to make use of some of your concepts!!

My homepage :: visit website