Saturday, September 22, 2012

Finished Table Runner

Yesterday when I ran to the hospital to be with Roger III I dropped mom off at my house, I sure didn't want to expose her to anything in the ER.  While I was gone I handed her a bucket of green strips of fabric, I cut a batting and backing and showed her how to sew the strips and quilt the runner as she went.  She had the runner pieced when I returned to pick her up to go to her doctor's appointment.
 I love the scrappy greens.  She used some 2 1/2 inch strips and some 1 1/2 inch strips from the recut strip baskets.  I think she did a great job.
 Today when I got back to the house I put a scrap green binding on by machine.
I went to Hobby Lobby today to see if they had an item I was looking for and I found a bunch of things for my sweet hubby.  He was tickled with his surprises when he got home. They didn't have what I was looking for but I had fun buying for Roger.
Next is a picture of my studio door.  My favorite verse and so true.  I use dry erase markers alot to leave myself and Roger messages or reminders. 
Tonight it is off to Suzanne's house for bee.  Sure looking forward to some laughter and working on some projects.
Happy Quilting,
Shelia

2 comments:

The Slow Quilter said...

Your mother did a great job. Love the greens.

Mara said...

Your Mom did a great job!