Thursday, June 21, 2012

Habitat For Humanity Ideas

Tomorrow morning members of our quilt guild will be presenting quilts at another Habitat for Humanity house in Greenville County.  This will be the 300th house in the county.  With each new house dedication our guild presents a quilt to each member of the new home.  Our guild has been doing this philanthropy project for 4 years now and this is our 85th house.....so we as a group have donated a lot of quilts. 

I found this picture on the internet while searching the 1600 quilt pattern.  The quilter added fused alphabet letters to the quilt top and a scrappy square border also.  I think it would be a great pattern for habitat quilts.  It uses the 2-1/2 inch strips that we all seem to collect.  It takes 42 strips for the center and then a few extra for the border.  I will have to figure out how many strips to use.  Love the bright colors in this top.



The Jelly Roll 1600 Quilt is a project that anyone can do to make a quick quilt for a gift or like this for habitat dedication.  Heirloom Creations has a tutorial on their website.  Jelly Roll 1600 Quilt Tutorial .


Today I have been loading the project that I am doing for the Red, White and Blue Bloghop.  Can't show that yet, but I think it turned out great.

My assistant below......you don't need to sit here do you????
 Quilter's confetti....from trimming my blocks today.



Off to work today and hopefully I can quilt of the project tonight.  The bee girls are coming over tomorrow morning so we can go to the habitat house dedication.  Then we plan of sewing all afternoon.

Happy quilting,
Shelia

No comments: