Monday, January 9, 2012

Another UFO Busting Tip #4

Make A Deal With Yourself To Finish
Then Reward Yourself.
Pat Sloan also equates this to the game show "Let's Make A Deal" with Monty Hall.  I loved that show when I was younger and always watched as everyone had the opportunity to make choices, some good, some not so good.  Did you ever think you could made better choices than those on the show???  Of course we did. 
So Pat's questions:
  • What motivates you?
  • What would you like to have as a reward for working on a project that might be a bit 'tough'
  • Now take a photo of those rewards (book to read, candy to buy, a NEW project to start)
Your assignment
  • Make a list (yes I LOVE lists) of THREE rewards
  • Go work on a UFO, then REWARD YOURSELF!
Now Let's GO SEW!
I can do this......now what do I need or want?  That is a hard question to answer.  Don't think I really need anything.......want is a totally different story.  Most of the time I feel a great sense of reward just for finishing the project, but I do agree that as a goal oriented person, having a goal to work toward is a GREAT motivator.  hummmmmmm
My next project that I am concentrating on finishing is the patriotic quilt to give my cousin.  So what do I want as a reward?
  • Beaded Name Tag Necklace (even if I have to make it myself)  I've wanted one of these so I don't have to pin my name bag at the guild to my clothing.  So that is my reward for getting the patriotic quilt done.
Now to get ready for my guild meeting tonight.
Don't forget to get your 15 minutes of quilting in today.  I've paper pieced a block for the meeting block of the month tonight.......I was up at 1:30 this morning so I made use of that time.
Happy quilting,
Shelia

No comments: