Thursday, January 12, 2012

Accomplished My Goal For Today!!

This morning I showed you pictures of my quilting table and ironing table.  Yuck!!  I have spent time on and off today cleaning, decluttering, tossing etc., until now..........

drum roll please.............................A Clean Quilting Table
And A Clean Ironing Table.
Now I am "ready" to sew and quilt on my UFO's and I can find them.  I feel so much better when I have an organized area to work in.  Doesn't it make the whole process easier when you can cut without moving things out of your way and press without having to move things around.  YES!

One of the things I found while cleaning off my table was the eight pillowcases that my friends Gina and Dave made for the Shriner's Kids this year.  They are already off to a great start for ones we will need this Christmas.  Thanks guys for all the support with this project.  I think everyone enjoys the process as much as mom and I do. 

Another two UFO incidentials today finished also.  I whipped the binding down on these this morning while drinking my coffee and watching the news at 4:30 a.m.  I have about ten more of these mug mats already quilted but I think I am going to try to do the binding on them by the machine.  I'll try a couple first to see if I like them.  
Now to get some pieces cut for leader-ender pieces to have beside my machine.  I'm going to be sewing on the patriotic quilt tonight while we watch some movie Roger wants to see.

Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: