Saturday, December 10, 2011

Quilting Friends Are The Best Friends


I know most quilters will say that they have great quilting friends, but I am so blessed to have a wonderful group of friends that I regularly get together with to quilt.

Last week was such a stressful week and adding in a quick trip to Florida to check on Roger's mother was the back breaker. My precious friends knowing how stressed I was offered to work on some pillowcases for me, they knew I needed to get them done by this week for the children at Shriner's. Suzanne offered to come by and pick up the fabric I had purchased for the cases and the bee group would work on them while I was away. These girls are unbelievable! Suzanne's sister in law Michelle here visiting from Wisconsin herself pieced 25 pillowcases!!! The bee pieced a total of 91 pillowcases for the children, bringing the total pieced for the children to125. So HUGE THANKS and tremendous blessings go out to Suzanne, Susan, Sue, Debbie, Gina, Dave, Michelle, Betty. Youball are angels of mercy for your assistance in this project. We will be giving the children their christmas stockings and pillowcases this Friday the 16th.
Below is a picture of some of the cases on my ironing table.















Now you see why I say I am truly a blessed woman.
Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: