Sunday, October 2, 2011

Quilt Show

I can't believe that another quilt show has ended. What a talented group of ladies in my guild.
I won my first Blue Ribbons today. I'm tickled pink. My first one was for the quilt made for my sweet friend Kim who is battling her third occurrence of breast cancer. she loves kitties so it is named Kim's Kozy Kittens. My bee girls helped me by providing fabric from their stashes and Suzanne pieced the double kitties for me and some of the single kitties. We had a blast making the cat blocks. What a special thing to earn a ribbon on this labor of love.


My second blue ribbon was for my poster round robin quilt. We did the round robin in 2008. I almost threw this quilt in pieces in the trash, but my bee girls convinced me to finish it. I did some of my first thread painting on this quilt and a lot of quilting.


My bee girls earned a lot of ribbons today....what a talented group. So glad that I have such a wonderful group of ladies.

I think I have finally figured out how to post from my IPAD, so hopefully I can keep my blog more up to date.

Have a great evening quilting
Shelia

No comments: