Sunday, December 19, 2010

Only Six Days Until Christmas!

Wow times sure does fly. I can't believe that it is only six days until Christmas. Both of my ER's where I work are doing Christmas Stockings this year.   They all look very festive hanging on the nurses station's.

 





My Bee Girls came over on Friday night and we had a blast.  This is Suzanne and Susan we were the last three and sewing and laughed until after midnight.  I sure needed the stress relief.  We also watched Jeff Dunham's Christmas CD, it was hilarious! 

Remember that mom and I are doing Bonnie Hunter's Roll Roll Cotton Boll mystery quilt.  I spent most of the evening and afternoon cutting out 2-inch strips of red and neutrals to make the 1200 (no typo) half-square triangle blocks needed for mom and I.  We each need 600 blocks.  Boy it is sure a good thing that Bonnie waited until clue number 5 to have us do these 600 blocks, otherwise I think I would have said.........no way!!


So far I have over 600 cut out, hopefully today I can complete the cutting process and so some piecing later.

Here is a close up of my stocking that is hanging at the Greer ER.  One little girl walked by the nurses station the other day while I was working and said to her mother..."Boy Santa really is coming here, look at all of the stockings he has to fill". 













Update from my ER visit.  Things are better now.  No further bleeding and I have a follow up with a gastroenterologist in January.  Hope you have a safe and festive week. 
Don't forget to work some quilting into your hussle and bussle.
Happy Quilting,
Shelia

1 comment:

julieQ said...

I am so glad you are better. I too am making RRCB mystery...and 600 1/2 square triangles!