Saturday, November 20, 2010

Delicious Soup Recipe

Several months ago I fixed Taco Soup for my bee girls.  Everyone has asked for the recipe and I just kept forgetting to send it out.  So here it is. 

TACO SOUP
*2 pounds ground beef
*1 large onion, chopped
*1 can pinto beans
*1 can whole kernel corn, drained
*1 can stewed tomatoes-mexican style
*1 can Rotel tomatoes (I used mild)
*1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
*1 pkg. original hidden valley ranch dressing (dry)
*2-1/2 cups water or more, to make soup broth
*optional ingredients for serving:  Sour Cream, Shreaded cheese and Taco Chips
Preparation:
Brown ground beef and onions in a large pan, drain off fat.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for an hour or so.  When ready, serve in big soup bowls, top with a dollop of sour cream and shreaded cheese if you like.
You can  also have a skillet of hot corn bread or taco chips to eat.  I served with taco chips and everyone loved it.

Since I have decided to use my stash this year for quilting I am going to do Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt. 
Roll Roll Cotton Boll

You can pop over to http://www.quiltville.com/ to get the directions.  She has just put out the instructions and part 1.  It also uses my favorite color "pink".  Wonder what it will be when it grows up into a quilt?????

Roger and I are working on our goals for 2011 and reviewing the goals that we set for 2010.  I've always been a big believer in setting goals, writing them down and keeping them in front of you so you can stear your way to accomplishing them. 

Hope all of my bee girls are having a great week quilting.  Looking forward to our next meeting.  Until next time........


Happy Quilting,
Shelia

2 comments:

julieQ said...

I too am doing Bonnie's mystery quilt...I can't wait to see your progress! Thank you for this recipe...I will try this one.

Shelia said...

Julie, this mystery should be a great one to use up some of the scraps in my stash. My mother is also going to do the mystery. I think this will be her first one.
The soup is great. I've also served Fritos corn chips with it and everyone loved it.