Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's Finished

My miniature is finally finished.  I completed sewing down the binding and sewing on the label at my quilt bee Friday night. 

I think it turned out cute.  The 3-D pinwheel blocks finish at 3-inches each.  The total quilt is 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 inches.  That's normally the size of one completed block in a quilt......not an entire quilt!
Below is a close up of some of the quilting.  I thought I would go blind quilting with black thread on this black background.

See the tiny pinwheel's that I quilted in between the pieced blocks?  In the photo you can still see the chalk lines I used as a guide.  In the top photo the chalk is gone.  You can only see the tiny pinwheel's upclose.  I think it turned out nice.

And of course as my friend Susan would say, a quilt is not complete until it has a label.  I scanned a picture of the quilt and printed it onto the label.  It is my entry into our quilt show coming up October 2-3 in Fountain Inn, South Carolina.  If you are in town please join us for what is always a wonderful quilt show.
Until later,
Happy Quilting,
Shelia

2 comments:

quiltingnana said...

stunning...love the pinwheels quilted inside

Shelia said...

Thanks, I really had fun doing this.....except for the cross eyed black on black quilting. Although a tip I got in Kansas helped. Using a goose neck lamp shinning across the quilt helps see the stitches better.
Happy quilting,
Shelia