Saturday, September 25, 2010

1 Week Post-Op

I survived my first week post-op.  Thanks to some abundant pain medication.  I didn't think I would have to use a lot of the pain med.  BOY WAS I WRONG!!  Dr. Greene warned me that it would be intense and he was sooooo right.  I have had great nursing care from my wonderful husband and mother. 
Last night my bee girls and mom came over to visit.  They brought ice cream, yum yum.  That's one thing that is easy to eat at this time.  It was great to see everyone again and spend a couple of hours with them.   Although I was a little "goofy" with pain meds.  Everyone is trying to quickly finish up their quilt show projects.   There were pin cushions being made for the boutique, embellishments being put on, labels and binding being sewn and pillowcases being made.  Lots of busy little bees.   Our quilt show is next weekend and set up is this Thursday.
I finished up the binding and label on my QSC Challenge last night.  Everyone loves the cartoon and I think it says it all!

 The label above.  I used chicken wire fabric as the backing and binding.  Just seemed to fit.  Below is the completed top with binding.  The entire quilt measures 9-inch x 12-inch.  I used a lot of my fabric markers to color in the cartoon.  Someone had a great insight into menopause when they created this wonderful cartoon.  Everyone of the dwarfs is part of this crazy menopause journey.  I thought it would be great to color each dwarf separately and wear one on your shirt each day to work.  Then everyone would not have to guess which dwarf they were working with that day.....hehehe.

Mom has been working on piecing the pillowcases for Shriner's while I was off.  Her serger locked up on her so yesterday on my first day out I bought another serger, she stitched tons of pillowcases last night.  Suzanne has also been working diligently on the pillowcases.  They are all turning out so wonderful.  The kids and sewing committee will be thrilled.  I need to get some more cut out today so that mom has some additional ones to work on when she comes back up.

The serger worked great last night.  Glad mom can get all those threads into the right spots. 
Enough for today.  Happy Quilting Everyone,
Shelia

2 comments:

julieQ said...

That is such a funny quilt, LOL! Glad the serger is working for you...and the pain meds too. Healing hugs!

quiltingnana said...

love the dwarfs...and your quilting too...glad to hear that you are on the mend...a word of advice...don't do too much too soon...I learned the hard way