Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pillowcases for Shriner's Hospital For Children

My ladies organization which helps support Shriner's Hospital For Children sews different items for the Greenville Unit hospital every year.  Each year we make Christmas Stockings for the children who are there at Christmas time.  We donate items to stuff the stockings with and then present them to the Children in the hospital. 
This year I have a personal challenge to donate 60 pillowcases to be put into the stockings.   I have asked some of my bee friends to help if they can.  Below is a picture of some of the pillowcases I am working on today.  I have 7 pillowcases already cut out and one already sewn together. 

This is the first completed pillowcase.

So cute with it's little race cars on it.  I think some little boy will be very happy when he pulls this out of his stocking.  Those smiles are worth it all!!

I am also donating some fabric to the sewing team.  For each 1- 1/2 yard piece of fabric we can make a draw sheet for the child's bed.  They love all of the beautiful cotton fabric and bright colors.  It dresses up their beds from the drab hospital linens.  The family takes the draw sheet with them when they leave. 

I will have to work hard to complete this challenge. Anyone interested in helping just let me know.


Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: