Monday, July 5, 2010

Another Productive Day

I had another very productive quilting day yesterday.  I finished quilting the 2nd habitat for humanity quilt.  I think it turned out very pretty.  Suzanne and mom both came back over yesterday and spent some time sewing.  Suzanne took the top off the zipper leaders, squared it up and sewed on the binding.  She is taking it with her out of town today and will whip the binding done during her trip. 
   Suzanne did a wonderful job putting the pieces of the donated top together so we could get it quilted.  Below is a close up of some of the quilting.  Thanks Suzanne for all your hard work getting this ready for quilting.

Someone will be a very happy recepient of this beautiful quilt at their Habitat for Humanity Home Dedication.

Roger and I found this sign while on our trip to Kansas.  It is so true of our cats and the one on the sign looks just like our "prissy" female cat whom we call "sissy".  Her real name is Cleopatra, but we call her sissy 99% of the time.
What a spoiled brat she that cat is.

I also pieced a miniture top yesterday. 

It was fun, now to get it quilted.  I have got to get busy and get something done that I can enter into the quilt show this year.

So my grand total for my 4 days off quilting was.......finished quilting my friendship star quilt, quilted 2 tops for mom, quilted 2 Habitat for Humanity tops, Helped mom finish piecing a top, quilted 5 extra fat quarters of material to be used to make items for the quilt show bazzaar and I pieced a miniature quilt top.  Boy that sounds like a wonderful few days of quilting!!

Today was another CRAZY day in the ER today.  It was very hard to go back to work after having so much fun in my studio over the past few days, I would have liked if I could have been home in my quilting studio instead.    Oh well, I guess I do have to pay for fabric addiction somehow.....he he he.
Happy Quilting Everyone,
Shelia

2 comments:

julieQ said...

Very, very pretty quilt! Someone will just love that for sure. Was it a full moon that your ER was so crazy??Seems to make our hospital a little nutty!

Shelia said...

Yes Julie, but I think everyday is a full moon anymore. I had a blast quilting with my bee buddies and mom. I actually got a lot accomplished.