Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hot! Hot!! Hot!!!

Did I say it was hot!! It was 82 degrees at 5:00 a.m. this morning and muggy.....yuck. Makes me feel like I'm back in Florida. Thank goodness the hospital is air conditioned. So glad I am not working outside today.

This quilt is a wall hanging that I made in 2002. I call it " My Motto", or to put it correctly, my husband says that this is my motto. I guess I have to agree with him. There is no such thing as too much fabric!!


The real reason I wanted you to see this was to show you how I do my labels. I label every quilt with my title, when I started the quilt, when I finished the quilt, if I quilted it or if someone else quilted it, and special things about the quilt. On this label you can see that I used 175 different fabrics from my stash and 45 different colors of thread on the quilt. Amazing when you start adding up all those things.
Also I go back and add to the label when I hang a quilt in a show and if it wins any ribbons. You can see in red at the botton of the label that this quilt hung in the Aunt Het Quilt Show in 2002 and won a 4th place ribbon in the small wall hanging category. Just some trivia information for future generations to see.
Here's hoping that tomorrow is a little cooler.
Happy Quilting.........Shelia









2 comments:

julieQ said...

What a wonderful quilt, with such pretty (and a lot of) fabrics! Great motto!

Unknown said...

Absolutely love the quilt! Great work!

www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com