Sunday, June 27, 2010

Anniversary Dinner

Last night Roger and I had dinner with a very dear couple, our friends Sid & Betty.  We were celebrating our 21st Wedding Anniversary and Sid's 72nd Birthday.  June 24th was obviously a very popular day.  It is hard to believe that we have already been married 21 years.  How does time move so fast.  Remember when you were young you would hear older people comment on how fast time passed.......I'm not admitting I'm old or anything close to that.......but time sure is passing fast!  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life.  Thanks Roger for 21 beautiful years and I hope we have 50 more together! 
For our combined celebration we met Sid & Betty at Henry & Jean's Restaurant on Woodruff Road.  The food was wonderful. 
I had the filet with chunk crab meat, grilled shrimp and a champagne butter sauce, it was delightful.  Roger had the grilled ribeye with a smokey burbon sauce which he also said was wonderful.  I tried to get a picture of the entree but the lighting was too dim.  But I was able to get a picture of dessert.........We shared a gooey brownie with caramel and chocolate sauce topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.   Decadent and delicious.
Today we spent with family.  We all met at Aunt Elane's house for our family get together.  My dad is one of six children and all six are were there.  My Great-Aunt Nell was also there, but she wouldn't give her age......left us all guessing.  She is one of eight children and 5 are still living with 4 of them in their 90's.  Now that is making a statement!  So we just have to wonder how old she really is.  Who cares!!  She is still here and going strong.  That's some good genes on dad's side of the family.
Tomorrow I'll be spending some quilting time with mom.  Always enjoy the extra time we get to spend together.
Until later.......Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: