Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bee Group Challenge

Last night I gifted my bee girls with Beth Ferrier's book Hand Applique by Machine. This was their Christmas present from me. Along with this gift came a challenge for each of us. Below is the challenge I presented to them.


BEE CHALLENGE
January 2010

Merry Christmas from Shelia is a Beth Ferrier book entitled Hand Applique by Machine.
My challenge to each of the 6 members of the bee is to do one of the projects in the book using only your stash, NO PURCHAES ALLOWED.

Projects will be revealed at our Bee get together on April 9th. Then they can be shown at the guild meeting on April 13th. The project much be finished (that means, quilted, bound and a label on the back).

Maybe the Quilt Show Chairman will allow a special category in the show for Bee Challenges?

Looking forward to the final showdown.

Love ya,
Shelia

Oh by the way……..there will be a prize for the winner. A very nice prize…..Do I hear Gastonia calling?????? We will vote by secret ballot at the bee reveal.
For those of you who don't know, Gastonia is where Mary Jo's Fabric store is located. A vast glutten of wonderful fabric for us fabricholic's.
I'll keep you posted on the progress of the challenge and pictures of the results.
Happy Quilting,
Shelia

No comments: