Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Quilting Heaven

Today is the 3rd day of my Stay-Cation and I am in Quilting heaven. Today is my 20th Wedding Anniversary. God truly blessed me with a wonderful man who appreciates my quilting passion. This is a wonderful vacation and I am so glad that we decided to spend our time with the projects we love to do. I'm quilting and my husband is building his dream garage. Adding 1800 sq ft to our existing garage so he can work on his antique cars. Old cars and quilts truly make a good pair!
I've quilted 3 projects and have the 4th in the longarm now.
Above is one of the projects that I've finished quilting. It's a scappy bargello using Bonnie Hunter's pattern. It finished in one day and was easy to quilt. I've attached the binding and now just to whip it down.

I also completed 2 quilts for my mom, first a scrappy butterfly quilt she made a couple of years ago and a 4-patch swirl from the class that she and my granddaughter and her took together from Lynn Busbee. We had a great time and hers turned out beautiful. I'll try to post a picture of it later.

This is the project that is currently in my machine. It is my gift from my secret sister at quild last year. She made me a fall mantle cover. I love it and hope to have it finished early this morning.

Mom, Susan and I went to Longcreek Mills and Mary Jo's yesterday....we had a blast. Spent lots of money at both places. It is so much fun to travel with friends and fellow quilters.

Better get back to work so I can get something else finished and loaded into the machine.

Happy Quilting,

Shelia









No comments: